Turning the Trombone Into a Horn of Plenty.
"He played with beautiful tone and consummate musicianship. The performance was spectacular."
— Ed Roberts, Washington Post
About the 1890s re-enactment: "He tells about playing with Sousa and other bands in the 1890s, and Shelsta's trombone solos were stupefying."
— Paul Carpenter, Chicago Tribune
"Scott Shelsta is a superb musician who is able to perform the most difficult solos with ease. He thrills an audience with his blazing technique and possesses an affable demeanor which endears him to his listeners. It is a joy and a pleasure to conduct him in concert. He truly ranks among the finest soloists of our time."
— Colonel Arnald D. Gabriel, USAF (Ret)
"An artist musician and virtuoso of the first order!"
— Ronald Demkee
"You have developed a great niche to showcase your tremendous talents, and more people who appreciate great trombone playing should have the opportunity to witness your artistry."
— Colonel Verne Campbell, USA (Ret)
Oh the places he's played!
As the trombone soloist for the U.S. Army Band, "Pershing's Own," Scott Shelsta played in all 50 states and around the world. More recently, in his civilian life, he has performed with these ensembles and presented clinics in most of these communities:
- Coastal Communities Concert Band, San Diego
San Jose Wind Symphony, Los Gatos
- Greeley Summer Concert Band
- Suncoast Concert Band, Sarasota, FL
Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
- The Northwinds Symphonic Band, Gainesville, GA
- Naperville Concert Band
- Baton Rouge Concert
Lafayette Concert Band
- Hagerstown Municipal Band
- Danvers Pops Symphonic Band
- Mississippi Community Symphonic Concert Band, Jackson
- Compton Heights Concert Band of St. Louis
- New Jersey
- Greater Shore Concert Band, West Long Branch
- WD Packard Concert Band, Warren
- Allentown Band
Easton Municipal Band
Montgomery County Concert Band
New Holland Band
North Penn Symphony Orchestra, Lansdale
Ringgold Band, Reading
Association of Concert Bands Convention in Williamsport
- South Dakota
- Augustana College Band, Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls Municipal Band
- American Festival Pops Orchestra, Fairfax
City of Fairfax Band
King Street Brass, Alexandria
George Mason University Symphonic Band, Fairfax
McLean Orchestra—Honor Flights Brass Quintet
NOVA Manassas Symphony Orchestra
Prince William Community Band, Woodbridge
Saturday Morning Brass Project, Leesburg
Virginia Grand Military Band, Alexandria
- Fond du Lac Symphonic Band